What skills are needed to be Chair of the Mountain Training Trust?
The Personal Qualities We Seek
- Commitment to our work, vision and values
- Empathy with the charitable objectives of MTT and an understanding of how learning about the outdoors can change lives
- Comprehensive understanding of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship and the required time commitments
- Sound, independent judgement
- Impartiality, fairness and confidentiality
- Willingness to speak his or her mind with respect for other opinions
- Tact and diplomacy
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Strategic vision and creative thinking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous Chairing experience (preferred)
- Previous leadership position in an organisation of similar size and complexity
- Experience as a charity trustee
- Previous experience of working in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience of operating in a complex policy and organisational landscape
- Specific experience in one or of the following sectors would be desirable, although not essential as other skills sets are welcome:
- Hospitality/Leisure/Tourism Management
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Management
- The funding environment of the not-for-profit sector
- Business Transformation
- Outdoor Sports
MTT is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all regardless of ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion/belief or age. As a charity based in Wales, the ability to communicate in both Welsh and English would be considered desirable.
For more information about the MTT, what we do and the role of Chair, please download our Candidate Brief.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the role of the Chair of MTT please submit a CV together with a covering letter expressing why you are interested in the role and outlining any specific skills and competencies you could bring to the Board.
You should include details of two referees (who will only be contacted if selected).
To arrange an informal conversation with a member of our recruitment panel please email email@example.com.
Applications should be marked private and confidential and sent by email to our Board Secretary, Sandie McBennett (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The closing date is midnight on 30th April 2022. Discussions with shortlisted candidates will be held in May & June 2022.